It’s a new school year, and the drama departments at Wausau West, Wausau East, Edgar, and DC Everest are all gearing up for their fall shows. Through a variety of styles and time frames, all four are performing comedies. Conveniently, if you want to catch them all, the productions are on consecutive weekends.
The East End Players hit the stage first, and they’re taking us back to the roots of comedy with William Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night, a lovely counter-point to UWMC’s recent production of Shakespeare’s tragic Romeo and Juliet. The following weekend, Edgar Theatre Company (ETC) jumps into the 1940s with their production of Mary Chase’s classic, Harvey, the first production to be staged in Edgar High School’s brand spanking new auditorium.
Hitting the fast forward button again, Wausau West brings us the 2005 nouveau classic, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, a musical comedy performed in one act. Finally, DC Everest Drama goes forward and backward in time with a 2006 show that centers around a fictional 1928 Jazz Age musical, The Drowsy Chaperone, leveraging a variation on the show-within-a-show device that worked so nicely in Wausau East’s spring production of Kiss Me Kate.
Here are the performance dates and times for the fall lineup. All information below is also available on the Shows page.
Wausau East, ETC, Wausau West, and DC Everest
2011 Fall Theater Schedule
- Wausau East High School – East End Players: Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night
Venue: Wausau East High School Theater
Tickets: $8 for adults, $6 for students and seniors
Available at the door.
- October 21, 2011 Friday – 7:00 pm
- October 22, 2011 Saturday – 7:00 pm
- October 23, 2011 Sunday – 1:00 pm
- Edgar High School – Edgar Theatre Company (ETC): Harvey
Director: Rachel Olson
Venue: Edgar High School Auditorium
Tickets: $5 for adults, $4 for students and seniors
Available at the door.
- October 28, 2011 Friday – 7:00 pm
- October 29, 2011 Saturday – 7:00 pm
- October 30, 2011 Sunday – 1:30 pm
- Wausau West High School: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Director: Stacey Drenk
Venue: Wausau West High School Theater
Tickets: Adults $8 / Students $6
Available online at ShowTix4U.com or
Call the Wausau West Office for additional ticket information:
- November 3, 2011 Thursday – 7:00pm
- November 4, 2011 Friday – 7:00pm
- November 5, 2011 Saturday – 2:00pm
- November 5, 2011 Saturday – 7:00pm
- November 6, 2011 Sunday – 2:00pm
- DC Everest Drama: The Drowsy Chaperone
Director: Christian Ammon
Venue: DC Everest Senior High School Theatre
Tickets: Available at the door:
- November 10, 2011 Thursday – 7:00 pm
- November 11, 2011 Friday – 7:00 pm
- November 12, 2011 Saturday – 1:00 pm
- November 12, 2011 Saturday – 7:00 pm
- November 13, 2011 Sunday – 1:00 pm